Thursday, February 9, 2012

Milestones

I know we will have a number of milestones to report over the course of the next few months, but today I'd like to talk to you about two milestones we reached this week.

This first one might not sound like a milestone to some, but for me it was the official start to completing our 100 bike ride in June... I took my bike out for its first ride :).  Jer and I met our friend Shelly for a chilly 12 mile ride around City Island and along Front Street. 
Jer and I before the ride.. there is a smile under there. :)
I was definitely nervous, and even though I had a little bit of a rocky start, 12 miles flew by and was much easier than I thought it would be.  I know there's a huge difference between 12 miles and 100, but you have to start somewhere. :)

Biker chics
Now, for our second, and much more exciting, milestone... we are officially HALFWAY to our fundraising goal!  Thanks to some very unexpected and generous donations we were able to reach the halfway point today.  I am so very grateful for the support we have been given already.  Only $4,200 to go! 

1 comment:

  1. Woo! Look at you guys go. Even in the cold and clouds... good job! Can't wait to see you get better and better and be confident in your biking abilities. They're there. Big time.

    ReplyDelete